Tuesday 28 October 2014

Cozy Christmas

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have been over on the website looking at all our new goodies that we have recently taken delivery of, many of which include lovely Christmas goodies!  One of my favourites is the 'Simple Stories' range of papers and embellishments called 'Cozy Christmas' which is a very traditional range of papers with snowflakes, baubles and other Christmas icons in warm reds and festive greens with woodgrain effects.

Earlier in the year I spent several weeks organising my photos out of envelopes and into binders following Stacy Julian's Photo Freedom idea. This really was the best thing I could have done because now I can just quickly grab a binder and after a quick flik through grab some photos and begin scrapping.  It has meant that many of our old photos have come to light again and I am much more inspired to scrap them which is how I ended up scrapping this layout.


'Belly Dancers came to worship' by Kate Holliday

These photos were taken in 1999 when my daughter was in Year 1 and although the quality is very poor they make me smile and for me they were a story I wanted to tell.  The warm colours of the Cozy Christmas collection seemed perfect to cope with the bright colours in the photos and I had great fun layering up various papers.  I showed the finished layout to my daughter and it brought back happy memories for her which is surely what scrapbooking is all about.  So grab some photos and some pretty papers and scrapbook your stories today!

Materials used:-

Happy Scrapping!

Kate xx



No comments:

Post a Comment