Friday 17 October 2014

Something Blue

Hello Everyone,

Last Sunday was my Great Aunt's 85th Birthday and there was a 'gathering of the clan' to help her celebrate.  It was really lovely to all get together and we were very spoilt food-wise also!

I don't know about you but buying birthday presents for someone of that age can be tricky because they don't really want anything but you don't like to go empty handed.  So I decided I would make some little notelets for her as it was something personal but that she could, hopefully, make use of also.

I used the gorgeous 'Something Blue' range from Prima as it is lovely and feminine with beautiful old-time roses and I teamed it up with the IndigoBlu stamp set 'Live Laugh Love' which is one of my favourites and I use it time and again.


Here are the six notelets and below lined up so that you can see the designs more clearly.  Each was a different design but because you are using the same patterned paper range and stamp set there is a co-ordination about them.  I deliberately didn't add too much embellishment because I wanted the notelets to be flat so that my aunt wouldn't be troubled with paying extra postage to send the cards.


 
And of course I had to present them in something so I created this little gift bag using the W R Memory Keepers 'Gift Bag Punch Board'.  The board doesn't make bags up to this size but it is easily tweaked and I just made it in two halves and with a matching gift tag.



And every birthday girl needs a birthday card so I created a co-ordinating card also.  I just love the detail on the IndigoBlu stamps; isn't this bird just gorgeous?  I inked the edges of everything using the 'Vintage Photo' distress ink and all the images were stamped using either Vintage photo or 'Forest Moss'.


The inside was decorated too.


And I quickly stamped the bird image on the envelope so that everything all tied in.


I mainly used the 6" x 6" Something Blue pad as the smaller designs work well on cards etc but I love that you have the option to 'go big' with the 12" x 12" patterned papers which is what I used for the gift bag.

Happy Crafting!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment